Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week 13



Sorry I'm a little late on this post! On Thursday (when I change over weeks), I hurried to Conway for the weekend (my sister had her first bridal shower on Saturday--yay!) so I could beat the weather and forgot to bring the laptop with me. Oh well.  But hey! I made it to the 2nd trimester! And let me tell you, I could almost tell a difference overnight. It's so exciting to be at this point already--if feeling bad has gone by so fast, I can't imagine how the rest of this pregnancy will go since I'll feel so much better! 

Thursday afternoon, my mom and I ran by Target (naturally) and we had to look in the baby section--duh. Well, I found the most adorable pack of Razorback jersey onesies and it was 70% OFF!! So, of course I had to buy them! Especially since the baby should be here right before football season. My first baby purchase. *sigh*


Here we go:

How far along: 13.5 weeks
Maternity clothes: I bought some maternity jeggings, a maternity tank top, and a dress at Target (same day as I bought the baby outfit). And I bought a few things (non-maternity, but can work as maternity) at TJ Maxx. I only have 3 or 4 more things on my list and I think I'll be set!
Stretch marks: None, but I need to buy some type of oil to moisturize my belly with--especially now since the growing has started.
Sleep: Been up and down this week. I definitely get up once per night to go to the bathroom. Plus, the heat runs extremely well in our new room--so I get stuffy and sweaty even with fans on. (I'm going to make Daniel close the vent I think). BUT, my mom bought me a body pillow and so far it has helped me sleep much more comfortably! 
Best moment this week: There is so many! Starting the second trimester, feeling better, buying the Razorback onesies, being in our new house.....it was a good week!
Miss anything: sleeping through the night! I know, I know. I know that you don't sleep well when you are pregnant and it just gets worse from here. But I can still miss it!
Movement: Nada
Food cravings: Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwiches. YUM. And a couple of times this week, I craved home cooking--like Dixie Cafe type. Also, I'm starting to really want salad--I ate at Ruby Tuesday in Conway because I wanted the salad bar. Hey, at least it's a healthy craving! 
Food aversions: Raw meat (disgusting). Baked or grilled chicken. Veggies--although it's getting a little better. And I'm happy to say I no longer have an aversion to sweets (I had a donut this week for the first time since I found out I was pregnant). 
Have you started showing: Y'all, I just thought I had a bump last week. Nuh-uh. It definitely popped this week! It's still teeny tiny, and again, if you saw me on the street you would have no idea I was pregnant. But I am so proud of it! 
Gender prediction: I'm still oblivious. But I kind of like it that way. Then I'll be super surprised at our gender reveal party! Daniel says he is thinking it's probably a girl (whoa!), but that he is still determined it's a boy. My family all say girl, and are even calling it by the girl's name we have picked out! Haha--I love it! (I'll let y'all know the names we have picked and the meaning behind why we chose them probably the week before we find out gender).
Labor signs: No
Belly button in/out: In
Rings on/off: On
Happy or Moody: Happy this week! We are in our house, unpacking everything, Daniel was off work for 2 days due to snow, Sophie loves her new backyard, I hit the second trimester, I bought my first thing for the baby, my sister had a bridal shower--man, this week was great! 
Looking forward to: Nesting in my new home and our next doctor appointment at 16 weeks!
Baby development: The baby has fingerprints! If it is a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries, and baby is almost 3 inches long. Baby also weighs one whole ounce! Isn't that amazing?




No comments:

Post a Comment