Our littlest love turned one month old on September 7th. I know I'm repeating myself, but this has been the fastest, yet ironically the slowest month of my life. Here is what all has been going on in our world:
* We have effectively established a routine--yay!
* He has watched (well, slept through) his first Razorback game---Arkansas at Auburn. We lost unfortunately, but the first half was really good! Gotta start training 'em young!
* He had his first road trip--to Fayetteville to see his Aunt Hannah and Uncle Kirby. He LOVES car rides (we are really hoping it stays that way).
* We went to daddy's work and let him show Holt off to everyone last Thursday---our first big adventure out of the house to a public place.
* We went to the Growing Kids Consignment Sale (like Rhea Lana's)--our 2nd big public outing and momma bought some super cute outfits for fall!
Weight: We have a 10-pounder! I weighed myself with and without him, and he added a full 10 pounds to the scale! I think it's safe to say we are gonna have a big boy.
Length: Not 100% sure, but I'm going to guess 22 inches.
Milestones: *graduated to size 1 diapers when he was 6 days old *graduated out of newborn size clothes when he was 2 weeks old *he can hold his head up for several minutes in a row--mostly when he is up on your shoulder (still having a tougher time when on our tummy on the mat) *he has longer awake times and loves to look in the mirror *transitioned out of mom and dad's room to the crib at night
Sleep: So far, he sleeps very well! We officially moved him to his crib last Thursday (Sept. 4th) and he averages about 3.5 to 4 hours between feedings at night. Every now and he stretches it to 5 hours (and one night last week he made it 6!). Usually, he is in bed asleep between 10 and 11 pm, wakes up between 2 and 3 AM, and then gets wakes again between 6 and 7 AM. He goes back down after that and we officially start our day at 9 AM.
Favorite Things: *Bath/Shower Time---except when it's time to dry off. Then he gets cold and screams bloody murder *Eating *Playing on the playmat *Listening to music *Snuggling/Cuddling *His paci *Car rides *Walks *Looking in the mirror
Feeding: This kid eats LIKE.A.BOSS. Such a huge relief for me! I stressed over breastfeeding. It was extremely important to me to be successful---the benefits for both me and the baby are immeasurable. I read so many horror stories while pregnant about how hard it could be and so I became really anxious. However, we have been super successful since Day 1 and it is one of my absolute favorite things.
And of course I have to leave you with adorable photos of our little love...
|my talented cousin took some newborn photos for us and made this adorable announcement!|
|Sophie takes her role as guard dog very seriously|
|Snuggle time with RoRo|
|Holt's first game day--WPS!|
|Our first day flying solo together|