Friday, July 4, 2014

34 Weeks



Can I just say, if there was ever a summer to be pregnant, it's this one! Thank you Lord for such a mild summer! It feels more like September instead of July--no complaints from this preggo!

My sister and her hubby officially moved up to Fayetteville this week! We are so excited that they are so close and the four of us are already planning the fun things we will do. My mom came up for a couple of days and she and I helped them unpack some on Wednesday--moving is such a chore. Having done it 4 times in 4 years, I would like to think I've learned some tricks of the trade--and man am I thrilled I don't have another move anytime soon in my future!

In other news, we had another doctor appointment on Thursday (the day I turned 34 weeks). My mom was in town so she got to go with us and we had another ultrasound done! The BIGGEST news we received is that Holt turned head down---Hallelujah! I know without a doubt that he turned on Wednesday because from about 4 pm-7:30 pm I had Braxton-Hicks contractions every 20 minutes. And he was extremely active during that time as well. CRAZY! We are just praising the Lord for this wonderful news. ANOTHER piece of big news we received is that we've got quite a big boy cookin' in there---the ultrasound estimated he weighs 5 lbs. 14 oz., which is 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Now, it's not a 100% accurate calculation--more than likely he is around 5 1/2 lbs at this point. However, talking with my doctor afterwards, he said that knowing he is a bigger baby, he wants to start stripping my membranes at 37 weeks to help me go into labor on my own and hopefully deliver him no later than 39 weeks. (A little TMI, but for those who don't know what "stripping the membranes" means--he's going to remove part of the lining around my cervix every time I see him from 37 weeks on to hopefully help it dilate and thin out and accelerate going into labor on my own). TALK ABOUT A FREAK OUT MOMENT!! My doctor just told me it is EXTREMELY likely that I will have this baby before July is over. WHOA. I turn 37 weeks pregnant on July 24th---so from that point on, anytime could be baby time! Also, knowing that I had consistent contractions the day before and he's head down and a little bigger than average, I'm going to start seeing my doctor weekly--I go back next Monday.

Needless to say, I've kind of gone into beast planning mode. Time to get it together and get organized cause it won't be long now before we have a little person in our house! Daniel and I are both really excited and looking forward to the birth of our child--it's just starting to feel so REAL. Our lives are never going to be the same (in a really good way). We will no longer have spontaneous date nights or have as much quality alone time as we are used to. We will no longer sit around, bored, wondering what we should do together. Instead, we will have a tiny human being we are responsible for--taking care of him and meeting his needs around the clock. Is it scary? Um, yeah. But, we know without a doubt that we are ready and can't wait to meet this little person!


I'll leave you with a look at the cutest human being on this planet :)


How far along: 34 weeks
Stretch marks: Nada
Sleep: Honestly, I have slept like a rock this week. It's been pretty wonderful.
Best moment this week: The ultrasound!
Miss anything: Nothing I can think of this week
Movement: Now that he is head down, it's a different kind of movement. Definitely feeling him more up in my ribs and my belly dances a lot more!
Food cravings: SPICY. Our Chick-fil-A opened back up this week (PTL) so I HAD to have a spicy chicken sandwich with extra pickles. Plus, I've had Mexican food at least twice this week.
Food aversions: None
Labor signs: Braxton-Hicks contractions
Belly button in/out: In
Rings on/off: On
Looking forward to: Putting together the hospital bag, getting the stroller in, and organizing the nursery!
Baby development this week: Well, he weighs over 5 lbs--about the size of a honeydew. His fingernails are completely grown, he is continuing to put on baby fat, and his lungs are continuing to mature and develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment