Monday, May 2, 2016

Baby #2: 38 Weeks




Six weeks ago, our goal was for me to make it to 38 weeks and HERE WE ARE! All praise to our God for blessing us in this way! We are immensely grateful Evie has stayed put and continues to grow healthy and strong--in fact, every doctor appointment we have a small ultrasound and my doctor always comments about how well she is breathing and building up those lungs. Proud mama moment! Go baby girl!

So now I am off bed rest because sweet baby girl is welcome to come whenever she is ready…and mama is more than ready so here's to hoping she doesn't make us wait too long! Her daddy is hoping she comes May 4th for Star Wars day ("may the 4th be with you") and I have to admit that would be a pretty sweet birthday! But really, mama isn't too picky--just come on precious girl! We are ready to meet you!

Last week at my appointment, I was still the same--cervix still thick and dilated to a one. I also caught the crud from when Holt had croup so they gave me an antibiotic shot in my hip (OUCH) and I had to have a chest x-ray done to make sure it wasn't developing into pneumonia or anything. Thankfully it all came back clear and I'm MUCH better now.

Last Friday (April 29th), I lost my mucous plug (sorry, TMI) and since then she has definitely dropped and my contractions have felt much different. They have been located lower, kind of like period cramps, and have been quite a bit more intense--I've had to use my breathing techniques a few times. Here's to hoping they've been helping me make progress! I'm excited to see what we find out at the doctor tomorrow.

I have been MAJOR nesting the past few days. Now that I'm off bed rest and can actually do things, I've been cleaning and organizing full force. I never had this with Holt, so it's a new experience for me. It's crazy how you just have this uncontrollable urge to de-clutter and dust and vacuum and pick everything up off the floor and clean off your ceiling fan blades and just make sure your house is all neat and clean for when baby comes home. Thank you to my sweet husband for helping me with my crazy tendencies!

I also finished my last big project this week I wanted to accomplish before she arrives. I finished the wooden "E" to put above her crib and I am absolutely IN LOVE! I found the flowers at Hobby Lobby (when they were 50% off, score!), matching the colors and everything to her bedding, and then I hot glued them on! Super simple! My plan is for this to grow with her and we can use it as decor in her room for years to come. Now to just hang it up on the wall!




How far along: 38 weeks 2 days
Sleep: I've had a few contractions wake me up off and on every night, but nothing consistent and I'm able to go right back to sleep.
Maternity clothes: I feel like I wear the same thing EVERY SINGLE DAY because only a few things fit. I'm so ready to have more options again!


No comments:

Post a Comment