Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A New Adventure with Rhea Lana's



Well it's been a couple of months, but I wanted to document our journey of the Lord led us to Rhea Lana's.

If you had asked me this time last year if by the end of 2017 I would be a small business owner, I would've laughed in your face. God certainly has a sense of humor.

Last August, I drove to Conway to shop the Rhea Lana's Fall/Winter event like normal. Afterward, my dad just casually mentioned to me, "Hey I think you could totally do this." "Do what?"
"THIS. Rhea Lana's. You could run one of these." 

Well, that got me thinking. With Daniel being in ministry, we have always known that more than likely I would need to go back to work at some point in the future. I LOVE staying home with my babies and the thought of not doing that makes me physically ill. So this could potentially provide a perfect solution--I could make this work around our schedule. My family would still be priority, but I could run a business that I fully believed in and loved on the side. I did some research, talked it over with Daniel, prayed over it, and met with Rhea Lana a few weeks later. She told me they were not opening any more franchises in Arkansas. Well, there went that.

BUT....

The franchise in Muskogee was possibly interested in selling.

Muskogee?? Oklahoma? I'd have to commute back and forth? I don't know ANYTHING about Muskogee!

But the more we prayed over it and as we continued to get information on this location and franchise, we just felt this inexplicable peace to keep moving forward. Initially, my parents were going to go in on it with us as co-owners. But after they prayed about it, they did not feel at peace. So they backed out, but have continued to support us as we explored this possibility.

To be honest, we kind of dragged our feet a little bit. From the time I initially met with Rhea Lana until we pulled the trigger was about two months. But the Lord in His perfect timing worked everything out. And we just couldn't say no.

So we signed papers on October 28, 2017, and I went to training up in Northwest Arkansas the first week of November. I have hit the ground running ever since!

This company has absolutely blown me away. Their support of one another, willingness to help each other out, their heart for helping other moms and giving back to their communities. It truly is a family and I am SO PROUD to be part of it!

Be sure to keep up with Rhea Lana's of Muskogee and all the fun things we will be doing! You can like our Facebook page HERE and follow us on Instagram HERE!

Thank you for all the love and support y'all have given our family as we make this exciting transition! Continue to pray for wisdom and direction in making decisions as well as grace and patience within our family as everyone adjusts to mom working outside the home.

So excited to join the RL family!

No comments:

Post a Comment