Friday, February 28, 2014

16 Weeks


We celebrated 16 weeks by going in for another baby appointment! It was absolutely fantastic--completely reaffirmed how much I love my doctor, we got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time (I totally cried) which was such a surreal moment, ANNNNDDDD.....drum roll please. Our doctor is going to be out of town in 4 weeks (which was when we were supposed to have our 20 week appointment and find out the gender) so he suggested we come and find out a week earlier! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! So, now we get to go back on Thursday, March 20th and we will find out at our gender reveal party on Friday the 21st. I did not stop smiling all day. BEST NEWS EVER!!

Ok, here are the updates for the week:

How far along: 16 weeks
Maternity clothes: Definitely maternity pants! Loving the panel--man it is comfy. Still wearing pre-pregnancy shirts. Like my friend (who is also pregnant) said, "pregnancy rules."
Stretch Marks: None. I also just got in the Vitamin E oil I ordered from Amazon and I'm so excited to start trying it. All the research I've done suggests Vitamin E oil is wonderful for moisturizing the skin and reproduction of cells. So we will see!
Sleep: Still blissful at this point
Best moment this week: Definitely the baby appointment! 
Miss anything: Nothing!
Movement: None yet. Crossing my fingers for something SOON!
Food cravings: Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwiches with EXTRA pickles. Y'all, seriously life changing. I just had one for lunch and I already want another one. Also, I've been making Passion Tea Limeades. I LOVE anything tart and sour, so this is absolutely divine! Tazo Passion Tea mixed with Simply Limeade--try it!
Food aversions: Baked/Grilled chicken--poor chicken. I really try to to like you, but for some reason, baby just doesn't. 
Have you started showing: Yes! I am so proud of it. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will really pop out and I'll be unmistakably pregnant.
Gender prediction: WE FIND OUT IN 3 WEEKS! Oh my goodness, I can't stand it. 
Labor signs: None
Belly button in/out: In
Happy/Moody: Happy for the most part, although I'll admit I'm definitely cranky today.
Looking forward to: March 20th and the 21st! I'm busting at the seams to find out whether it's a boy or girl!
Baby development: Baby weighs 3.5 ounces and is 4.5 inches long--the size of an avocado. The patterning of the scalp has begun and it has started growing toenails, plus the heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment