Thursday, February 13, 2014

14 Weeks


Ta Da! Our first bump picture in our new home (and baby's nursery to be exact)! Isn't the lighting SO much better??? I mean, I look pale, but that's because it's winter. Hopefully with warmer weather coming soon (I hope) I can sit outside and let the sun make me less pale. Anywho, we made it to 14 weeks--yay! It's been kind of a confusing week for me and it never felt like the day it was supposed to be. So needless to say, this past week just flew by. I also had a freak-out-yet-oh-my-goodness-that-is-so-amazing moment this week. A lot of you have probably seen this already, as I immediately posted to FB, but I got out the cranberry juice yesterday and looked at the lid (where the "best buy" date is) and it said "Best Buy August 14, 2014"! I think time stood still for a second as it hit me. We are to the point that some groceries (not very many) already have best buy dates of Baby Lowery's due date! My second freak-out-yet-oh-my-goodness-that-is-so-amazing moment came earlier in the week when it hit me that ONE year from right now, I will have a 6 month old child. WHOA. Is it crazy that I'm already not ok with how fast that time is going? Geez. Baby isn't even here yet people! 

Ok. I got a grip. Now here we go:

How far along: 14 weeks
Maternity clothes: Yep. Pretty much exclsuively. Well, I say that. At least pants-wise I am. I bought a few maternity tanks that I can layer with, but I'm still wearing pre-maternity shirts and dresses for the most part--which I hope to do for the majority of my pregnancy. 
Stretch marks: Nope. I've been moisturizing with Eucerin Smooth Intensive Repair, but I am about to order some Vitamin E oil off of Amazon to use as well. All my research says Vitamin E oil helps cells reproduce which promotes better elasticity and hopefully a lower risk of stretch marks. So we will see. 
Sleep: Pretty good this week! I love, love, love my body pillow! And I'm sure it will be even more amazing as my belly gets bigger. 
Best moment this week: Feeling more like myself. I have only had one episode of pretty extreme nausea (yay!) and I had my first (decaf) coffee yesterday since I found out I was pregnant! It was so yummy--that Caramel Flan Latte from Starbucks. Oh. My. It's as good as it sounds. I have also started back exercising this week since I no longer feel like I'm going to faint or throw up (sorry, TMI for some of you). Our good friends gave us their treadmill (SCORE) and so far I have walked for an hour two different times this week. It helps to have the iPad and watch a show--time goes by so much faster and I feel so much better when I exercise! Hopefully in the next week or two, I can start to incorporate some moderate weight lifting. 
Miss anything: I can't really think of anything this week
Movement: *sigh* No. 
Food cravings: Still stuck on Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwiches. And salad. And tonight for our Valentine's date, I'm craving diner breakfast food, so my hubby is being my hero and taking me to Waffle House. 
Food aversions: Raw meat. Baked/grilled chicken. And sometimes just random things won't sound good in the moment. But an overall improvement! 
Have you started showing: You tell me? ;)
Gender prediction: I'm actually really glad I don't have a clue. I absolutely LOVE surprises and I feel like baby gender is one of life's biggest ones! Let me just say I've got April 4th triple starred and circled on my calendar! 7 weeks from tomorrow! 
Labor signs: No
Belly button in/out: In
Rings on/off: On
Happy or Moody: Mostly happy this week. Yesterday was kind of a rough day, but other than that, I'm doing great!
Looking forward to: April 4th. Decorating the nursery. Telling y'all the names we picked out! 
Baby development: Baby can squint, grimace, frown, and potentially suck his or her thumb! Also, the kidneys are working, so baby can pee (TMI--sorry)! Baby measures 3.5 inches and weighs 1.5 ounces too! Grow baby grow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment