Thursday, January 30, 2014

12 Weeks



Today marks 12 weeks--only one more to go and we are in the 2nd trimester! Hallelujah! Today is also special because it's the last awful picture I will take in the rental. Hello moving weekend! Saturday, February 1st, we are moving into our new home and we are both so ready. The renovations are complete and they look FANTASTIC--it is a totally different house! I'll post a blog on that in the near future with before and after pics--it will blow your mind. I also told Daniel I'm not moving again for AT LEAST 3 years. Hopefully longer. In the 3 1/2 years we have been married, we have moved 4 times (including the one this week). FOUR. And the last 2 have been within a year! Yep. Done with the moving scene for a while. 

Anywho--moving on to this week's news. 

How far along: 12 weeks
Maternity clothes: Belly Band and one of my many pregnant friends is loaning me some maternity jeans (score!)
Stretch marks: Negatory
Sleep: This week, sleep has been kind of rough. But it has been due to the awful cold I have had since last weekend. And since I'm pregnant, I can't take any medicine, but thankfully I'm starting to feel better so let's hope it's on the way out and I can get back to my blissful slumber (for now).
Best moment this week: Making it to 12 weeks (Lame, I know. But this has not been a fun week)
Miss anything: This week, sleep and energy. Not sleeping well+moving= one exhausted preggo lady
Movement: Depressing to keep saying no, but one of these days I"ll get to say yes! 
Food cravings: I am off tacos (much to the happiness of my hubby) and I have moved on to Chick-fil-a Spicy Chicken Sandwiches. Chicken, you say? YES and it is DIVINE! Only the fried stuff--I still can't stomach the better-for-you baked or grilled. But, I've literally had 2 Spicy Sandwiches today (don't. judge.)
Food aversions: Raw meat. Baked or grilled chicken. Veggies. Sweets--although I might be feeling a little bit of the sweet tooth coming back. 
Have you started showing: We have a bump! You can see a little tiny beginning of one in the picture, but if you see me in church or on the street or something and don't know that I'm pregnant, you probably won't notice. 
Gender prediction: Nothing has changed--Daniel (and a lot of our friends) says boy, my family says girl, I am oblivious. 
Labor signs: Nada
Belly button in/out: In
Rings on/off: On
Happy or Moody: Probably moody for the most part this week--but I credit that to moving and all that that entails.
Looking forward to: Being in our new home and nesting!
Baby development: Baby has reflexes this week. Fingers open and close, toes curl, eye muscles clench, and his or her mouth makes sucking movements. We are also about 2 inches long and the size of a lime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment