Thursday, January 23, 2014

11 Weeks


11 weeks folks! Only 2 more until I enter the 2nd trimester--Hallelujah! Biggest news this week: we got to go to the doctor! For those of you who don't know, I was originally scheduled to see my new OB last Friday (I was 10 weeks). However, they called and said they had to reschedule but wouldn't be able to get me in until I was 12 weeks! (Needless to say, this pregnant momma was NOT happy). BUT the Lord answers prayer, because Tuesday afternoon they called and said they had a cancellation for Wednesday afternoon at 2:30! Woohoo! 

So, Daniel and I go yesterday and fill out all that paperwork and yada yada yada. I was so nervous, but I absolutely LOVE my OB! I never felt rushed, he made sure to answer any questions I had, and walked me through the next few appointments. PLUS he did an ultrasound so we got to see our sweet little baby! Little Baby Lowery is due August 14, 2014!
Profile shot--you can see its little hand up by its face!
Length view--head and fists on the left,  booty and little feet-sies on the right

Y'all , it was the COOLEST thing! When the doctor prodded my abdomen, the baby wiggled and moved it's little arms and legs! Plus, yesterday was kind of a significant day to get to see our baby because it was the 41st anniversary of Roe vs. Wade---what a miracle that we got to see our unborn child!  We didn't get to hear the heartbeat (sad), but we could see it beating on the screen, and my doctor said that all that moving around in there was a fantastic sign that it's growing and healthy. Yay!

Alright. Here we go! 

How far along: 11 weeks
Maternity clothes: Still rockin' the Belly Band! 
Stretch marks: Nada
Sleep: Still going strong! I still get up to pee about once every night but I go right back to sleep. And the past few nights I think I've started to have those weird pregnancy dreams everyone talks about (like Tom Brady coming to my house to watch football? I don't even like the guy! Weird.)
Best moment this week: Seeing my precious child's face! Y'all, it was such a surreal moment! 
Miss anything: My energy still! I need it back so I can exercise again!
Movement: Still too early, but it was so amazing to see it move on the ultrasound!
Food cravings: Still stuck on tacos! Yum!
Food aversions: Still the same--no chicken (unless maybe fried chicken from Chick-fil-A), no veggies really, no sweets, no coffee.
Have you started showing: A teeny tiny bit. It still looks like I ate too much, but I could definitely tell my waist started to thicken this week, and I have a tiny bulge that's trying to be a bump! (In the above picture, my shirt is a little big on me so it looks like I have a bigger bump than what is actually there).
Gender prediction: Still no clue! Daniel is still determined it's a boy and quite a few of our friends have said they think it's a boy. My mom and my grandmothers and most of my family still say girl. We get to find out at 20 weeks (and YES there will be a gender reveal party)! 
Labor signs: Nope
Belly button in/out: In
Rings on/off: On
Happy or Moody: I will admit I've had my moody moments this week--mostly due to the stress of remodeling the house and trying to get ready to move and dealing with contractors. 
Looking forward to: 2nd trimester and our next doctor appointment at 16 weeks
Baby development this week: Baby can hiccup now and is 1 1/2 inches long. It has tiny tooth buds that are starting to form under the gums and it's hands can open and close into fists. 

We feel so blessed to have so many people experiencing this journey with us and praying for our child! One of the Bible passages we have been praying over this baby is Psalms 121:

"I look up to the mountains--does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
He will not let you stumble; the one who watches over you will not slumber.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.
THE LORD HIMSELF WATCHES OVER YOU! 
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever."

What a comforting passage to know that the Lord watches over this little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment