Friday, March 28, 2014

20 Weeks


Excuse the hot mess of a photo--I just finished cleaning the house. I was tired and hungry. Lol

Anywho, welcome to HALFWAY through this pregnancy. Good gravy I just cannot believe it. I know I say that every week, but man! It's really crazy! This week has gone SUPER fast--Friday was the reveal party, Mom and I had a blast registering Holt at some boutiques in Conway and on Amazon.com on Saturday, Sunday was church and nap day, Monday and Tuesday was pick up the house/recoup time, Daniel's parents came down Wednesday and Thursday to help us do some landscaping, and then my grandma and aunt and two of my cousins came to visit for lunch today and then Daniel and I registered Holt at Target this afternoon. Whew! What a fun but exhausting week! 

I feel completely humbled, grateful, and blessed to be experiencing such an easy and wonderful pregnancy this time around. I know it's not like that for everyone (and it might not be like that for me with consecutive pregnancies) but I am absolutely loving this experience thus far. The nausea/morning sickness is completely gone, I feel great, I sleep wonderfully, and I've done well managing my weight (and no I'm not putting numbers on this blog). Now, if I can just feel little man move, this pregnancy will be complete! To all my mommy-to-be friends out there: even if pregnancy is not a good experience for you, don't let anyone make you feel inferior! YOU are beautiful!! For heaven's sake, you are growing a human inside of you--not an easy task and not for the faint of heart. God made you to do this and let me promise you, YOU are doing it well!

Ok, on to business:

How far along: 20 weeks
Maternity clothes: Yep! And my last order of business is to find some cute, attractive, non-frumpy maternity swimsuits for the beach.
Stretch marks: None so far--still rubbing that Vitamin E oil on (almost) daily
Sleep: Still going strong!
Best moment this week: Reveling in our newfound discovery that we are having a boy and calling him by name!
Miss anything: Not being short of breath when I go walking!
Movement: I thought maybe yesterday I felt him, but I'm pretty sure it was just a gas bubble (TMI I know). Hopefully I can confidently say yes in the next couple of weeks!
Food cravings: Nothing too terribly strong this week.
Food aversions: I just MIGHT be getting over the hump of this no baked/grilled chicken thing! I ate chicken fajitas today at Chili's and they were delish!
Have you started showing: Yep! And I love it!
Gender: BOY--Holt Parker Lowery
Labor signs: Nope
Belly button in/out: In for now, but I'm wondering if it's thinking about poking out
Rings on/off: On
Happy or Moody: Happy
Looking forward to: Decorating his nursery! I'm starting to get the nesting itch pretty bad!
Baby development this week: Holt is approximately 10 inches long from his head to his toes. He is swallowing more to help his digestive system practice and he is producing meconium (his first poo--TMI I know :p). Grow baby grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment