Saturday, March 22, 2014

19 Weeks



THIS is an exciting week! We found out whether Baby Lowery is a boy or girl and we had a gender reveal party last night to find out! (I'll do a whole separate post just on the party) The beans have already been spilled on Facebook (I tried to get this post done before the party, but obviously THAT didn't happen) so I'll let you in on our (not so) secret----Baby Lowery is a BOY!!! To say we are thrilled is an understatement! Daniel has called boy from the beginning (which you'll know if you've followed the blog at all), my dad was really hoping for boy (so he can get out of the "land of the naked barbies" lol), my mom was 100% convinced it was a girl--so she was totally thrown for a loop, my sister wanted it to be a boy but thought it would be a girl, and I absolutely had no idea and would've been surprised either way. I know absolutely nothing about raising boys (I grew up with one sister) but I absolutely cannot wait to find out! Football and soccer and dirt and mud and rocks and sticks and all kinds of fun things ahead. I'M GONNA BE A BOY MOM!!!

Ok, back to our doctor appointment. We had our gender ultrasound Thursday morning at 10 AM and we did not want to find out until our party. We had amazing ultrasound techs and they agreed to directly call our bakery with the gender so that we would have no idea! And y'all, getting to see my child on screen for 30 minutes was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. He wiggled all over the place and the tech got a great shot of his little face! SUCH a cool moment to experience with my husband. After the ultrasound we saw our doctor and he told us Baby Lowery was measuring perfectly! Holt weighs about 10 oz. and all the brain, heart, leg, etc measurements lined up perfectly with his due date (that's my little man!). SO blessed to have such a great report.

4D pic of his sweet little face! (Hand up by his face on the left, mouth open)

Sweet little baby feet

ITS A BOY!

profile pic

Alright, here we go:

How far along: 19 weeks, 2 days
Maternity clothes: Oh yeah
Stretch marks: None yet!
Sleep: Last night, I was a little too excited to sleep, but other than that it has been wonderful.
Best moment this week: Gender ultrasound and the Gender Reveal Party
Miss anything: I think I'm too excited this week to care!
Movement: Not yet, but in my ultrasound they told me I had an anterior placenta, which just means there are more layers for baby to kick through. It wouldn't be unusual for it to be another 2-3 weeks before I feel him. 
Food cravings: I still love me some Chick-fil-A, but it's not as strong a craving as it was. A few times this week I craved  Dr. Pepper.
Food aversions: Baked/grilled chicken
Have you started showing: Yes, but a lot of people still tell me I don't look that pregnant--which I guess is good for now cause I"m pretty sure I'll blow up like a balloon later on.
Gender prediction: ITS A BOY!
Labor signs: Nope
Belly button in/out: In
Rings on/off: On
Happy/Moody: Happy! Happy! Happy!
Looking forward to: Decorating and nesting and buying BOY stuff!!
Baby development: Holt's sensory development is exploding--it's creating areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. And he can hear my voice this week! He weighs 10 ounces and hair is also starting to sprout on his cute little head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment