Monday, August 25, 2014

Holt: 2 Weeks Old




I thought I'd give an update on our life with a newborn the past 2 weeks. (If you missed the Birth Story post, click here).

First of all, how has it been TWO weeks already?! It has been both the fastest and slowest two weeks of my life---I feel like we were in the hospital forever ago! It has been an adjustment getting used to our new normal, but I think we are starting to settle into some semblance of a routine. Praise the Lord that Daniel has been able to be home with us!

Mommyhood has completely derailed me--in an amazing way that I never thought possible. You really cant fully comprehend it until you experience it; this completely unconditional, all-consuming love for this little person that you helped create and carried for 9 months.

Sophie has done extremely well adjusting to having Holt home too. She completely adores him! If he cries, she comes running to see whats wrong. She is already protective of him and loves smelling him and being close to him. I am so proud of her! One of the sweetest moments was when we first brought him home--it was love at first sight for her.




We went for his 2-week checkup to the pediatrician on Thursday (the 21st). Love, love, love Dr. Wilkinson! Here is what's going on in Holt's little world:

Weight: 8 lbs. 11 oz. (not sure on the percentile?)
Length: 21 1/2 inches

Our boy is growing so much already! We don't go back to the doctor until his 2 month appointment--he will receive his first round of immunizations and this momma is already dreading that! It absolutely tears me up to hear him cry. So crazy how things change when its your own child--hearing other children cry has never bothered me, but my heart literally hurts when Holt cries.

Sleep: He has actually done really well. Most nights he sleeps 3-4 hrs between feedings and we have even had a couple where he has slept 5 hrs! We are trying to start a routine this next week so hopefully by the time he is a month old, he will sleep 5 hrs between feedings at night pretty consistently.

Favorite Things: Praise music--particularly the Sovreign Grace playlist on Spotify; his daddy--Holt loves it when D reads to him and he also loves it when he burps him; riding in the car--he has only ridden in the car 3 times, but he either sleeps or contentedly looks around; his playmat--now that he has more awake/alert periods we have been laying him on his playmat and he is fascinated with the mirror and all the shapes and colors.

Feeding: Feeding has gone better than I ever could've imagined (y'all know how I stressed over it). He eats like a champ. It gets a little exhausting for me at times, especially when we hit our first growth spurt at 10 days old and he ate every hour, but overall I absolutely love it. 


AND....I'll leave you with some photos of our handsome little guy :)


I love when he smiles in his sleep


first big boy bath

No comments:

Post a Comment