Friday, August 1, 2014

38 Weeks



Here we are at 38 weeks! Truly never thought I would make it to this point after contracting for TWO and a half weeks, but he is still quite content in there! It's ok because I know it's best for him to keep cookin' and continue growing stronger and healthier.

Apparently, Wednesday nights are his party nights because we went BACK to the hospital this week too! I started contracting at 9 AM Wednesday morning and they were between 2-8 minutes long throughout the day. I had a handful of contractions that lasted 5 minutes or more and were so strong it was like my belly sucked in and I had a white ring around my belly button. Plus around 6 pm, they started getting more intense. So, to be on the safe side and make sure that little man was handling everything ok, we went ahead and went up to Labor and Delivery.

I got the most amazing nurse this time (which made ALL the difference) and she completely agreed that I did the right thing in letting them check the baby out. She told me I had made a tiny bit of progress since going back to the doctor on Tuesday (he said I was the same dilation, but about 60% effaced) in that I was a loose 2 cm and at least 70% effaced. So yay! And she told me that Holt looked absolutely wonderful---whew! He had a great heartbeat and he was moving around so she said she felt confident that he was handling everything beautifully (that's my boy).

We were there for 2.5 hours and she let me walk the halls for an hour of that (yay!), but we didn't make any progress. Plus, after 2 hours, the contractions pretty much completely stopped and he was doing martial arts or SOMETHING in there for the last half hour! So, back home we went and the waiting game continues. I told Holt (jokingly, people) that I was going to spank him as soon as he came out for teasing me and making me contract for 14 hours (this time) without any results.

My poor husband. Y'all, please pray for him. I know he is so exhausted---especially since the last 3 Wednesday nights we have been at the hospital and haven't gotten home until after midnight. I love him to pieces. He has been so supportive and loving throughout this whole ordeal and I know he is just as anxious as I am to meet our precious boy. He is going to be the BEST father and I can't wait to watch him experience fatherhood.

How far along: 38 weeks
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Wonderful. I typically wake up a few times a night with a contraction, but nothing consistent.
Best moment this week: The hubby and I went on a date last weekend--we played putt-putt golf and got snow cones. It was so fun!
Miss anything: I'm really trying to soak up these last days of pregnancy. Like my best friend told me, I only get to be pregnant with Holt ONE time, so I'm trying not to wish it away.
Movement: Like a Mexican Jumping Bean
Food cravings: Nothing super intense--but I still am loving PopTarts.
Food aversions: None
Labor signs: yeah, just a little
Belly button in/out: in
Rings on/off: on
Happy/moody: generally happy
Looking forward to: MEETING MY SON
Baby development: Growing like a weed and is the size of a small watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment