Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Holt: 11 Months



                                                  


Here we are at 11 months….30 days away from turning the big O-N-E!

*Little Man is EVERYWHERE, let me tell you. He has really stepped up his game this month! Haha
He took his first steps when he was 10 months and 4 days (June 11) and then really was not interested in walking AT ALL for the next 2.5 weeks. About 1 week ago, he started just randomly taking steps here and there, and he amazes me! He will just up and walk like 10 steps across the room and then sit down. I know any day now he will wake up and just decide he will walk! I better have my running shoes ready! I have to admit, he took longer than I originally thought---I figured I would have a walker before he was 10 months old, so I am pleasantly surprised.

*Holt learned how to clap this month! It is the CUTEST thing! He just grins and laughs. So fun!

*He constantly babbles. No new words, but all day long, it's a constant stream of "baba", "gaga", "dada", "nana", "mama", etc. I love it! I can't wait for him to start having "conversations" with anything and everything and everybody.

*All the Lowery crew got together this month to celebrate summer birthdays. We had all 9 grandkids together and it was so fun! Daniel's Grandmother Ruth got a picture with all of them and it was priceless:
all the lowery kids with grandmother ruth


*We celebrated Father's Day---the 1st one with Holt out of the womb. Daniel is such a great father---as soon as he gets home, he greets me and immediately grabs Holt to play. And Holt ADORES his daddy! He has a special laugh only for him and his little face just lights up as soon as he sees him. It makes my heart go all gooey to watch them together. I can't wait to see how their relationship develops as Holt grows up.

happy father's day!

this boy loves his daddy!


*Our church had VBS this month and it was Holt's first time to go. I was a little weary because I knew he would only get 1 nap a day for an entire week, but he ended up doing better than I expected. I worked with the 4th grade and it was a WONDERFUL week telling these kids about Jesus! Our children's pastor did a phenomenal job---we averaged over 400 kids for the week, and it was so fun to see them show up everyday eager to learn and sing all the songs.

*Holt swam in a big pool for the first time this month and to say he loved it is an understatement! The entire time he was in the water, he kicked, splashed, laughed, grinned---he did everything but go underwater! He was NOT happy to get out either ;) That makes me SO excited for our Florida vacation coming up.

water baby


*We had my family's annual reunion this month and it was in Fort Smith (SO nice not to have to travel anywhere). We went to Creekmore Park and rode the train for the first time, we had wonderful food, and had a great time catching up with everyone. One of my cousins has a baby 2 months older than Holt and they had a blast playing together too! Holt was a champ that weekend---it was hit or miss on naps and he typically was up about 2 hours past normal bedtime, but he did well. It was hard for this mama--I had to let go of my needing to be in control, especially where his routine and schedule is concerned. Having Daniel and my parents and my sister and her husband and everyone else to help was key! I knew Holt was in good hands and that they could help distract him and feed him and keep him in a good mood.

riding the train at creekmore park

celebrating Poppa's birthday


*Holt came down with a cold at the end or reunion and over the next week, his cough started sounding congested. I took him into the doctor because I wanted to be sure he wasn't getting an ear infection or fluid in his lungs and he checked out perfect! No fluid anywhere (yay!) so it just has to run it's course. Hopefully he will be over it before we leave for our trip.

*We celebrated his first 4th of July this month too! He had to go to bed before the fireworks, but we grilled out, swam in the pool, saw family and some of our best friends, and had a great time! Bonus on him sleeping through all the fireworks going off on our street for 2 hours!

My heart overflows

sweet boy

we love cousin Katie Jo!




Weight: 20 lbs. 10 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 29 ¼ inches (50th percentile)

Our little man has completely averaged out! I knew he had hit a growth spurt earlier this month, and the scale showed it too! He grew an entire inch and probably put on 2 pounds or more!



Favorites: *making music---pianos especially *dogs *kids *walking (he's taking steps!) *eating *remotes---when we go to anyone's house, he WILL find the remotes :) *swimming, splashing in the water

Milestones: *taking steps *clapping *1st VBS *1st swim in a big pool *1st July 4th celebration

Sleep: This kid just about killed me this month. He went to bed at 6:30pm, but he seriously woke up between 5:30-6:00AM EVERY MORNING for almost the entire month. The past 2 days, he actually slept in til 7:30am and I'm hoping we are getting back to THAT sleep routine. He still takes 2 naps a day for around 1.5-2 hours each.

Feeding: This child can put some food away! He hit a growth spurt earlier this month and I literally felt like he at all day long. I could not keep him full! But he eventually got back to his normal eating habits. Now that he can eat dairy, he pretty much can eat anything---it is SO nice! I am also in the process of weaning him onto whole milk. Bye formula! I go into much more detail in my last Baby-Led Feeding post. We are down to two sippy cups now---6-8 oz in the morning and 6-8 oz before bed. He drinks water throughout the day.

summer baby

we love bubbles and our friend Lorna

family

No comments:

Post a Comment