Monday, November 14, 2011

Tutoring

Daniel got a new job! He is going to be tutoring middle school and high school students in reading and math through an organization called A-Plus Tutoring. Such a HUGE blessing for a few reasons: One, it is only going to require the same amount of time he is currently working at the dry cleaners. Two, he will be getting paid double what he makes now. Three, he is so passionate about teaching and I think this will be a great niche for him--not to mention what a great ministry opportunity to be around those kids and their families! Needless to say, we are uber excited about this! It is going to be a bit of a transition since he is trying to juggle this new job as well as finish up his job at the cleaners....not to mention his last couple of weeks in school for the semester. So if you could just be in prayer for him--that he doesn't get too overwhelmed and that God would just multiply his time so he would be able to get everything done. So that is what's new with my hubby! As far as I go, I'm just working mostly--still trying to find a full-time job in my field. Recently, I was looking into a pharmaceutical sales rep position with a company here in Louisville. Unfortunately, they had already filled it by the time I got all my stuff in, but the manager told me that he would keep my resume on file for when another position opened. Still just praying for God to lead me in the right direction, but thankful for the jobs i DO have--i get this feeling that they are teaching me things and preparing me for what's ahead. Another new thing is we have talked to the pastor at Kenwood about joining and they are going to set up a time for us to be interviewed here in the next couple of weeks. I am really looking forward to becoming a member of this church. We have been visiting for about 6 or 7 weeks now and just continue to love it more each week--the teaching is solid, the fellowship is wonderful, and we get lunch every Sunday (who doesn't love that?). 

On a lighter note, we get to see family in ONE WEEK!! Daniel's parents are coming in next Monday and are staying until Wednesday morning (we have not seen them since the day we moved up here) and then my family is coming up Wednesday afternoon/evening and staying until Sunday morning. To say we are excited is an understatement! CANNOT WAIT.

Well, that is all for now. Allow me to leave you with this:

"Let us hold tightly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."--Hebrews 10:23


No comments:

Post a Comment