Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving. This time of year never fails to make people think about what they have to be thankful for ( I mean, it says THANKS in the word for goodness sake). Thanksgiving was a little different for us than it has been in past years--it was our first one ever away from home. That being said, it was also one of the most wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving holidays I have ever experienced. Starting the Monday before (the 21st I think) we had family up here to visit us for a whole week! Such a blessing! Daniel's parents came up Monday and stayed until Wednesday morning. Then my family came up Wednesday afternoon and stayed until Sunday morning. It was a really special time! This was Daniel's parents first trip up to Louisville, so that was exciting (not to mention we had not seen them since the day we moved here in July). It was wonderful--I had to work quite a bit, but Daniel got to spend some good quality time with them, showing them around our city and taking them to see me at the Apple Store. :) His dad even brought an indoor fryer so we wouldn't have to miss having a deep-fried turkey for a Thanksgiving meal! (YUM-O let me tell you). The morning they left, we went to breakfast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe--this is a MUST if you ever come up to visit. It's a little pricey, but has fantastic food and a fun, eclectic atmosphere. In fact, the food is so good, Lynn has been on Food Network's Show "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" AND "Man vs. Food" has been there as well! How cool is that? Afterwards, Daniel's parents headed down to Birmingham, Alabama to visit Ben, Rebekah, and the kiddos.

My family arrived later that afternoon. We immediately went to Kroger (which our Kroger is awesome) to get last minute ingredients for the Thanksgiving feast. Once we got back, we headed to Macaroni Grill to eat dinner. It was so fun to introduce my family to the wonderful people I work with! We woke up bright and early Thanksgiving morning and had breakfast at IHOP before getting started with preparations for the meal. Let me tell you, I am so proud of us ladies being able to cook all the food necessary in my tiny little kitchen. (trust me, ask anyone and they will tell you how tiny it is). We had a fantastic Thanksgiving meal, catching up and napping and watching football. Then, Black Friday gets here. First of all, let me say I have never, nor ever had the desire, to step foot in any store or mall on Black Friday. EVER. And this year, I got to work it at Apple. Quite the experience, I assure you. Thankfully, I got scheduled the early shift (5:30 AM-2:30 PM) so I was able to get home and watch the LSU/ARK football game--which depressingly ended bad for us. Saturday comes and we all load up to go back to the mall for some fun shopping (it was so great to have some girl time). Sadly, they had to leave Sunday morning, and our week of family came to a close. BUT we get to go back home for Christmas in about 3 weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment