Sunday, November 30, 2014

Holt's First Thanksgiving


 I'm pretty sure that this is my new all-time favorite photo. He looks so BIG here! Crazy to think that last Thanksgiving, I was pregnant with this little punkin' and didn't even know it. 

We celebrated Holt's first Thanksgiving last week--I'll be honest, it was a rough week. He got a pretty bad cold starting Sunday; Monday night he screamed (SCR-EAMED) for over 2 hours and refused to eat; Tuesday he ran a fever and continued to refuse to eat; Wednesday I took him in to the doctor thinking he was getting something worse than a cold, but, nooooo, he was absolutely fine---no fever, no fluid in his ears or lungs, smiling and talking as if all is right with the world. His best day was Thanksgiving Day (praises). He just talked and smiled and let everyone hold him and he did great for pictures. Friday we started getting bad again--snotty nose so bad we can't breathe and I think his reflux is getting worse. Whew! 

However, despite all that, it was such a sweet time with family. I feel like the holidays take on even more meaning once you have children--watching your child bond with your parents and grandparents and siblings and aunts and uncles and cousins is just so much fun. It makes me appreciate the value of family even more and got me to thinking about how truly BLESSED we are. What a privilege to be born into a family that loves each other and to have grown up loving to spend time with them--I mean, my sister and cousins were my best friends! I am so excited for my children to experience the same thing with their siblings and cousins. Of course there was yummy food (half of which I couldn't eat because of the no dairy thing) and we spent the rest of the day watching football and skeet shooting. We truly have much to be thankful for! 

Our little family of three

Good grief I love this man

Holt LOVED spending time with his Aunt Hannah



Holt-man, words cannot express how much I love you. Sometimes it hurts my heart because it just overflows with love and wonder and joy. Watching you grow is so much fun--especially now that you're more interactive! You just talk and smile and laugh with everyone and it is so cute. I am so thankful for you and can't wait for many more Thanksgivings to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment