Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Holt: 15 Months


It's hard for me to believe it's already been 3 months since Holt turned one. It's crazy! Lots of things have happened since then:

*At the end of August, Daniel and I went to Houston for a conference and got to stay with his Aunt and Uncle. We had a great time and Holt had a wonderful time with his Melly and RoRo too!

*In September, we found out Holt is going to be a big brother! We are due with Baby Lowery #2 in May 2016! If you missed our post about it, click HERE



*At the end of September, we took Holt to his first State Fair. We got to feed some animals, watched pig races, ate really good fair food, and enjoyed our time with friends.




*Also in September, I started taking Holt with me to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship). He has been loving it and so have I. It's amazing what all they do with him during those two hours---sing hymns, teach the Bible Story (same one I learn), and they have a quiet time.

*At the end of October, Daniel and I went to our first Razorback game this season and some sweet friends were kind enough to keep Holt all day for us (thank you Mark and Cathy!!!). We had a blast on our day date and Holt did absolutely fabulous.





*We didn't take Holt trick or treating this year, but we did dress up in our crab costume to go to a friend's birthday party. He refused to wear the hood, but he looked so cute!



*November brought the stomach bug to our house. Yuck. Holt had been asleep for about an hour when the monitor came on and I saw him throw up in bed. This was the first time he has ever had a stomach virus and he was scared and confused and crying. Broke this mama's heart! I stripped him down and took a bath with him while Daniel changed his sheets and got everything in the wash. He got sick again after the bath and I sent Daniel to Walmart to get Pedialyte, more lysol, and a few other necessities. We draped towels over the rocker in his room and around the floor, and I just held him trying to get him to sleep. He threw up a 3rd time all over me and him and the towels and at that point I called the on-call nurse to see what else needed to be done. While I was on the phone with her, he PASSED OUT on me (covered in puke and all) and at that point I decided it was more important for him to sleep than to force him to clean up yet (the love of a mother transcends being covered in puke y'all). Once Daniel got back from Walmart, Holt was so asleep he started moving around like he does at night and flopped over on his back. We took that opportunity to clean both him and me up (he slept through the entire thing) and then we placed him back in bed. Daniel and I slept on the floor in his room all night just in case something happened. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep, but on the plus side Holt did not get sick anymore. A couple days later, Daniel came down with the bug, but got over it rather quickly. And the Lord was merciful in sparing me---I didn't get sick!

Milestones:

*Holt got his 2 top teeth! I know he is working on several more because I can see the white through his gums, but no more have broken through.
*He says quite a few words: mama, dada (sometimes daddy), up, down, please, whoa, dog, woof woof, and a few times I have heard touchdown. He jabbers all day everyday and I love it.
*He is finally showing interest in reading books! He will bring us one and actually sit in our lap and let us read it. He is very interested in animals and animal sounds. He has one particular book of animal sounds I read at least 25 times a day. It gets monotonous but I am just so glad he wants to read now so I don't mind.
*He is busy, busy! We are constantly on the go when we are awake and he is starting to show an interest in opening cabinets and drawers and dragging things out. Yay. That is making things a little more chaotic and we are starting to learn how to pick things up and put them back.
*He can throw a ball really good now too! It's probably normal for boys his age, but I am constantly impressed. Sometimes we will just throw the ball back and forth for 5 or 10 minutes and he actually throws it TO me.
*Graduated to size 4 diapers
*We still love football! Anytime it's on he quits what he is currently doing and starts clapping and then says "touchdown!" I. Love. It.
*He still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps all night--usually from about 7:30/8PM--6:30/7AM

Weight: 24 lbs 15 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 32 inches (80th percentile)

Little Man had a huge growth spurt between 12-15 months. He cruised along at about the 50th percentile for a long time and then boom! He decided to amp it up a bit!

Holt,

Your daddy and I absolutely love this current stage you're in---your little personality is really shining through and you are stinkin' hilarious!! You crack yourself up all the time and you just jibber-jabber and carry on "conversations" with us constantly. You are ALL boy---you love to be outside playing in the dirt and water, you love to throw anything and everything, you already love sports, and you are just "go-go-go" when you are awake. You give the sweetest hugs and your smile absolutely lights up a room. You love to have all the attention on you, but you also play by yourself wonderfully. We just know you are going to be the best big brother. We love you with all our hearts son!



No comments:

Post a Comment